Sunday, April 1, 2012

Milano and Donkervoort for sale.

Smeetsy writes - "I am fast heading for retirement and have too many cars & projects. I want to complete my TVR Grantura Mark 2.......and that has a roof......so that should meet with Mary's approval. I also have 4 MR2s - and want to build a racer out of one of these fabulous little mid engined rockets. So I am going to try to sell the Milano and the Donkervoort.

   1960 Milano MG roadster - $22,500.00
   Judson supercharged MGB 5 bearing motor, MGB g'box and diff. MGB front suspension
   and brakes.
   Tubular frame. Great fun car. Take it anywhere. Full registration.
   Phone 08 8278 6212 after hours.
I remember Peter, along with Peter Strauss, getting a rap over the knuckles for going too fast through Lobethal in the Milano during the enactment. Whoever heard of slowing down for towns anyway? They wouldn't have done that in the Mille Miglia!

   1968 Lotus by Donkervoort - $29,500.00
   Dry sumped Ford Cosworth BDA motor. 5 speed Ford gearbox. Koni shocks.
   Full history. 1200 miles from new. Left hand drive.
   Gotti alloy wheels. Brand new Toyo 888s.
   Phone 08 8278 6212 after hours.

 This is the rocketship! Despite the incredibly low mileage (1200) the car has travelled around the world, well, Holland to USA to Victoria to Adelaide anyway. It has a fascinating history and I'm sure if you have a spare couple of hours, Peter will be only too happy to tell it to you. If I had a spare $29,500 I'd buy it.
When I get a chance I'll put these 2 cars in Bolly Shop. Have you been there yet? Just click on Bolly Shop on the right.

No comments: