Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beauty in the eye of the beholder.

From Simon Wells comes the following:-
"Further to the picture of my former Buchanan in an earlier post, here are some pictures from when I owned it.
When I got it, it had a mini windscreen and a hardtop made out of the rear half of a mini roof. I am 183cm and when I sat in it I had about 6 inches of headroom!
As you can see, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
I also had the car painted, made the windscreen, lowered the rear and fitted the wire wheels, with custom made splines.
As is my style I lost interest when it came to the interior.
I always thought that the car had been well and professionally built, with a custom made chassis, but in the days before the internet it was hard to trace, and it is only now having discovered the Buchanan site, that it appears that this car was one of the factory Bathurst race cars!"
I'm not about to comment on the taste of the previous owner (maybe he or she was a 7' basketball champ) but Simon did turn the car into something really beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's one for sale, page 250, in the current issue of Unique Cars.
$90,000 anyone?

anyone at all?