Thursday, October 29, 2009

50 sexiest cars.

Peter G emailed me this:-
"The original Nagari was 26th out of 50 World's Sexiest Cars - Muira No.1, GTO No.2 & GT40 No.3, only 3 Aussie cars mentioned, Charger E49 at No.43 & A9X at 48.
Luckily they didn't include the Ikara in the Ugliest 10."
Well....... what can I say, Peter. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm beholding and I think Ikaras are lovely. They wouldn't make such a list because they're too nice.
Did you notice they've turned the Nagari inside-out and made it left hand drive?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I missed that, it could have been B8/57 but for the reversed rego label, maybe I'll agree with you about the picture being reversed and the car being B8/1.
BTW the article was in Wheels November issue, again they publish no selection criteria, only ten of the fifty cars listed were sold in any volume in Australia.
PS If beauty is in the hands of the Bee-holder I don't wish to be stung!

PeterG

John L said...

OK, which Nagari is it really? There are a few missing features to rule out Henry's and Garry's. My guess is B8/91. Second guess B8/113.

John L said...

Silly me, wrong blinkers. Back to the drawing board.

Anonymous said...

Actually it's B8/18 the same Photo, correct way around was used on the cover of 'Great Australian Sports Cars & Specials' the car was tested in Wheels & Modern Motor in 1971.

PeterG