Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More NZ Maserati

Here's a few more shots from Dave of the Maserati.


New Zealand was (and still is) the place for quality aluminium bodies. I remember someone doing alloy bodied Cobra replicas over there. It was so long ago that it was before the fibreglass ones really kicked off. I never did see the cars in the flesh but for years had kept this trade magazine that had an article on them. What I have seen though was a couple of D-type Jags (maybe more) that were so authentic looking that they were considered better than original. I should still have the photos, unless I've loaned them to someone. All that said, we had our own master coach-builder in Mt. Barker (the South Australian one), Ray Finch, whose SS-100s really fooled a lot of people.


1 comment:

John L said...

When you click on the photos to blow them up, take a look at the wooden bucks on the mezzanine floor to form the body.