Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where is it now? - No.5

While we seem to be in a bit of a Mark 5 mode at the moment, I thought I'd include one in the "Where Is It Now?" series. These photos, once again, are lifted from Colin M's vast picture album. All four pictures are of his RNW-655 which he drove and played around with for a few years in the early seventies. Although I knew Colin before this period, I do remember this car very well because I used to see it every day. Colin and Lynne lived in a place in Dawson Street, Fullarton, which, by coincidence, was right next-door to our family's horse stables, so I used to see it every evening when I used to go to feed the horses.


Anyway, back to the point. In about 1975, I suppose, Colin sold it to someone in Junee, NSW, and it hasn't been heard of since. Now, Junee is just up the road from Wagga. There is a bit of Bolwell activity in Wagga. Nagari owner, Darrell H lives there and the recently sold Nagari of Ross A has gone to a car collection over there. So dare I ask, has anybody seen this Mark 5?

Daryl Siggs had a Mark 5 too and I reckon it must have been in the late 80s he sold it to someone in Broken Hill. Once again, that one has disappeared off the radar as well.

No comments: