Monday, June 9, 2008

Simon says

From Simon P in New Zealand comes:-
I just read your blog: what a complicated web the Bolwells ancestry weave......more incestuous than a daytime soap! Great reading!! I'm sure I have photos of the Lewis's B8/93... is it the red one attached? And how about the other 2 taken at Easter nationals at the Snowy Mountains when I first got my car.
Cheers,
Simon.

Well, Simon, I'm glad that the blog has dragged you away from the daytime soapies if nothing else. There is more to life. Was the Easter you mentioned the one at Bright a few years back? I made it to that one. In the interests of accuracy I'll let our avid readers identify these cars.

3 comments:

John L said...

From Dean M comes:-
That Easter was at Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains in 2003.
The red Nagari is Colin Watson's
The white Nagari belongs to Dave Lewis
The grey Nagari is Merryn Jackson's

Geoff Lewis's Nagari has the original wheel arch flares. I have a photo somewhere and will look for it.

PeterG said...

I agree with Deano re the first 2, but the third is not Merryns, try her brother Davids rebuild B8/82 when owned by Simon W.

John L said...

Those front blinkers are a great indicator (pun of the month). Merryn's coupe is B8/15 (Cortina blinker territory). Have a look at the 1996 BCCA calendar. The shot was taken as Merryn circulated the Adlaide F1GP track after she had competed in the Duttons Rally. The coupe in Simon's photograph has the MGB version.